The persecution of the Rroms (Roma) in Italy: EveryOne Group and the Committee for the Rights of the Roma of Casilino 900 have launched an appeal to the European Court of Human Rights following a serious humanitarian emergency at the Casilino 900 camp, in Rome.
Urgent appeal to The European Court of Human Rights European Commission; High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR); Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (United Nations); European Roma Rights Center ; European Roma Information Office (ERIO) Gruppo EveryOne has been following very closely the situation of the Roma camp “Casilino 900” which is situated between the VII and VIII Municipalities , in the vicinity of via Casilina, 900 in Rome .
The camp is the oldest in the capital.
Official figures date it back to the 1960s, but according to some of the older Roma who have always lived in the camp, it is even older.
As our group has reported on several occasions, the Italian authorities are conducting an authentic ethnic purge against the Roma, be they Romanians, Roma originating from the Balkans or Italian nationals.
The European Union and the United Nations have stigmatized the Italian Government and authorities on several occasions because of their racist policies towards the Roma, and have indicated a political line of integration to be followed.
However, all warnings, suggestions, resolutions and observations have fallen on deaf ears.
This is a list of some of the documents approved on an international level, with details of the persecutory policies towards the Roma people in Italy : - the official letter from the EU dated June 27th, 2007, inviting Italy to adopt what was laid out in Directive 43 from 2000; - The European Parliament Resolution of November 15th, 2007 on the application of Directive 2004/38/CE concerning the right of citizens of the Union and their family members to move and reside freely within the territory of Member States; - the concluding observations of the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD - United Nations); 18th February – 7th March, 2008.
- the Resolution of the European Parliament dated January 31st, 2008 on a European Strategy for the Roma people (the Parliament for the most part discussed the persecution of the Roma people in Italy before approving the resolution); - the denunciation of Crimes against Humanity being carried out by the Italian institutions, a report which was upheld by the International Criminal Court of the [...]
- Valter Veltroni
- Francesco Rutelli
- Balkan Peninsula
- Tor Vergata
- Città di Roma
- Parlamento Europeo
- Decorati con la Legion d'Onore
- Deputati della XVI Legislatura
- Figli d'arte
- Cavalieri di Gran Croce dell'Ordine al Merito della Repubblica Italiana
- Politici del Partito Democratico
- Deputati italiani
- Deputati della XIV Legislatura
- Personalità dell'agnosticismo
- Cavalieri di gran croce OMRI